Welcome to Prayers & Piazzas
Prayers & Piazzas is a celebration of all things Italy: history, culture, travel, art and architecture, language. I’m so glad to have you here!
Part travel guide, part travel journal, Prayers & Piazzas was born from the need to profess my love of Italy, and connect with others who feel the same way. My love of Italy took me completely by surprise. Growing up in Southern California in an Italian-American family, Italy was no big deal. But after losing my dad in 2009 and a fateful trip to Italy the next year, which included connecting with my dad’s cousins in Bari, I was smitten with Italy.
Here’s some of what you’ll find on the site:
- Snapshots from Italy: a quick glance or short photo essay from places all over the boot. For a closer look at different Italian towns and cities, head to the Travel tab.
- History: longer reads on Roman and Florentine history, particularly for travelers. Although I’m not officially a historian, Italian history is one of my passions.
- UNESCO: highlighting some of Italy’s 55 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, with helpful articles featuring UNESCO sites within reach of popular travel destinations. Want to know which WHS are closest to Rome? This article tells you!
Here are some reader favorites:
- Gone but Not Lost: The Bridges of Florence During World War II
- 12 Things You May Not Know About The Last Supper
- Lake Como or Amalfi Coast? 10 Things (x2) to Consider
And I especially love sharing a travel story with readers. Different from travel notes (my take on the city guide/travel tips), travel stories are tiny love love letters to a particular place or thing. Click here for one of my favorites.
Learn more about my Italian journey here.
If you are interested in collaborating on a guest post, have trip planning questions, would like a language/travel product or book reviewed, please get in touch!
All work ©Stacy Pollard, Prayers & Piazzas. All photos are my own unless otherwise attributed. Please feel free to share with credit to www.prayersandpiazzas.com.
prayersandpiazzas(at)gmail(dot)com or use the form below