What a luxury to take a break from steamy sightseeing to enjoy one of the many beach clubs dotting the Italian shoreline.
This one is in Puglia, where many Italians head for ferie in agosto — August holidays.
The soft, clear waters of the Adriatic Sea kiss the craggy shoreline, and at this beach club, many of the amenities, like the changing rooms and even the bar, are tucked into naturally formed caves.
While it can be difficult to give up a day of visiting ancient artifacts or centuries-old artwork and architecture, I highly recommend the reprieve of a day spent shore side or lakeside in Italy if the opportunity arises.
Italian Beach Words
- la spiaggia = beach
- il mare = sea
- la sabbia = sand
- l’onda = wave
- il sole = sun
- il costume da bagno = bathing suit
- l’asciugamano = towel (or telo da mare)
- la crema solare = sunscreen
- gli occhiali da sole = sunglasses
- il salvataggio = lifeguard
- nuotare = to swim
- la conchiglia = shell
- il castello di sabbia = sand castle