January 28, 2018
Here’s what has caught my attention recently…
- Gorgeous Florence summed up in one simple photo at Timeless Italy
- High on my Italy wish list is the Basilicata region, featured at Calabria: The Other Italy
- So many heavy-hitters of positive psychology on one list? Yes please, to all of them: The Top 10 Books That Will Change Your Life in 2018
- The former competitive ice skater in me really enjoyed this article about the origin of ice skates on Smithsonian.com
- The Surprisingly Boring Truth About Millennials and Narcissism at The Greater Good Magazine
- How Your Money Can Buy Happiness, (spoiler alert: don’t spend it on the “stuff”)
- Between Medicine and Music, how music can be a powerful therapy on the Daily Good
- The unusual condition of prosopagnosia — face blindness — on All in the Mind
- Just started Tides of History podcast and it’s off to a good start.
- Lore podcast is an old favorite but be warned, it’s especially spooky at night!
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez
- SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome by Mary Beard
Below, a successful Saturday at the library….
Here’s to happy reading and wishes for a wonderful week ahead!