One of my favorite aspects of blogging is connecting with others. It makes my day when people hit the like button and even better, when they share a comment.
So I was especially excited to read this comment last week from blogger Jhaneel Lockhart: “I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award…” Thank you, Jhaneel, I’m so touched! Jhaneel’s got a great attitude and I encourage you to visit her site, especially her 101 in 1001 post.
“The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Well thank you. ❤
This sounds like a fun challenge and I’m up for it.
Eleven Facts about Me:
- I have been a bookworm for as long as I can remember, and I feel very comforted and calmed being in a library, a bookstore, or even just near an orderly bookcase.
- The longest position I have ever held is my proudest: a full-time mom (I have also worked in public relations and as a sixth grade middle school teacher.)
- I was a competitive ice skater for eleven years.
- I love to copy-edit and proofread (but even so, still find typos in my published posts!)
- I have seen Elvis Presley in concert.
- In high school I was crazy about French and all things France. My Italophile didn’t develop until much later in life.
- Despite #6, my favorite wine comes from the state of Washington.
- Also I’m not a foodie.
- My husband and I met in college, at the same university where his parents met, the same university where our first-born now attends.
- I love where I am in life right now.
- Here’s one of my favorite quotes:
Jhaneel’s Eleven Questions Answered:
- How would you describe yourself in one sentence? Wife, mom, friend, blogger, reader, Italiana, introvert.
- What do you feel most proud of? My kids. ❤
- What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t had the courage to do yet? Actually, I think I’ve reached the age where I’ve tried what I wanted to or crossed it off my list.
- If you could do anything for work, what would you do? See #3. But to share a funny memory along this line, in eighth grade I asked our school librarian how I could get the job of Secretary of State, because I thought it would be fun to have a career involving so much travel.
- How do you spend your free time? Browsing the internet, writing my blog, reading, dreaming about getting back to Italy, studying Italian, watching The Big Bang Theory with my peeps.
- What is the last book you really loved? The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer and La Bella Lingua by Dianne Hales.
- What is your biggest fear? Something happening to my kids or husband.
- What do you love most about yourself? I think I’m a good listener.
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? I have “run away” to Europe a couple of times without much pre-planning.
- What does a perfect day look like to you? A sunny day at the beach with my family.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Spaghetti and meatballs.
And Finally, My Five Nominees + their Eleven Questions:
Love the work of these bloggers and encourage you all to pay them a visit!
- Which five words best describe you?
- What are you most proud of?
- How do you spend your free time?
- Your top three books are:
- What’s your favorite city?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Which teacher influenced you most?
- Who is your favorite musical artist?
- Beach or mountains?
- Red wine or white wine?
- Share a favorite quote.
Thanks to everyone for being here with me, I’ve had more fun with this blog than I ever expected!