Happy Sunday everyone! Here’s what made me smile recently:
- Watching “Despicable Me” for the countless time with Daughter. Love the movie, but love even more taking time out to cuddle and laugh with her.
- Parlando italiano a Dolce Italia — speaking Italian at Dolce Italia — a great little Italian bakery and cafe right here in my corner of the world.
- Seahawks win!
- The 80s station on Sirius — Culture Club, Duran Duran — need I say more?
- High school winter formal, only this time, I’m the one snapping the pictures. I don’t remember high school being quite so glamorous in my day….
- Lots of blog traffic on my Wednesday post — thank you to two treasured and always-supportive friends for sharing the love on Facebook.
And, as always, books make me smile. In addition to still reading the books I mentioned a couple of weeks ago (The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert, and Basilica by R.A. Scott), I started Quiet, by Susan Cain. This is like reading an owner’s manual of me. (“Introverts may have strong social skills and enjoy parties and business meetings, but after a while wish they were home in their pajamas.”) And explained my new-found love of blogging: “[Introverts] welcome the chance to communicate digitally. The same person that would never raise his hand in a lecture hall of two hundred people might blog to two thousand, or two million, without thinking twice.”
Blessings to all for a beautiful Sunday and a fantastic week ahead.
Sunday Sweets and Smiles is a regular post on gratitude. My thanks, as always, to The Duck and The Owl, for sharing their idea with other bloggers.