Happy Sunday everyone! Hope 2014 is starting off beautifully. Here’s what made me smile this week:
- Hearing “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice on the radio this week – hello 1990!
- Italian class starts up again and hurray, my Italian brain still works! (il mio cervello italiano funziona ancora!)
- My three kids are unintentionally competing for cleanest room in the house (nothing I actually put them up to)– folks, this is highly irregular! I almost hate to admit how much joy a clutter-free room provides.
- Receiving a surprise delivery of a giant cookie basket in the mail.
- An evening of wine and laughter (and a few tears) with two of my favorite gals.
- Sunsets and sunshine. Both have been unbelievable recently. Given the frigid weather around the country recently, I feel especially grateful. I wish I could bottle and share both!
And, as always, books make me smile. Right now I’m reading two great books: The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert, and Basilica by R.A. Scott. I love Elizabeth Gilbert for so many reasons, reading her new piece of fiction feels like visiting with an old friend. Basilica details the building of St. Peter’s — it’s reader friendly and fascinating. Perfect for this gal who loves history and all things Italian.
Something about a new year makes me want to jump into a new pile of books. Ready, set, read!
Sunday Sweets and Smiles is a regular post on gratitude. My thanks, as always, to The Duck and The Owl, for sharing their idea with other bloggers.