Happy Sunday everyone! Welcome to the first of what I hope will be a regular weekly gratitude post called Sunday Sweets & Smiles, created by the energetic and positive folks at The Duck and the Owl. Please take a moment to visit their site, their joy is infectious! I happened upon them when looking for opportunities to share my writing, and their invitation to join them on their Sunday Sweets & Smiles journey caught my attention. This blog is crafted by a pair of best friends whose love for each other and life is evident in every single post. They are also especially good about sharing the love with other bloggers, which is greatly appreciated!
So, here goes… What made me smile this week:
- The Duck & the Owl, for reasons mentioned above. Here’s what the friends are all about. Check out how they share the love through RAH RAH RAH — Random Acts of Happiness. Awesome!
- Bonding with Younger Son over world’s most indulgent steak sandwich — which he recreated from an online recipe. (At 14 years old, Younger Son is hands-down the foodie of our house.)
- Senior Circle at high school marching band’s final rehearsal. What an honor to watch 208 kids having the best experience of their lives. Did I mention how talented they are? I never want to miss a single note!
- Friends, friends, friends: recently, I’ve had one dear friend move back into my county after being overseas for three years; while another dear friend of many years will soon be moving out-of-state. Always so grateful to have the love and support of good friends, whether near or far.
- Sentiments from a Second Grader: Here’s just a couple of treasures to share from 7-year-old baby girl. “Daughter, would you ever want to be president?” “No, cause I don’t want to get dressed up every day.” “Daughter, it’s rainy day schedule today at school.” “Sweet!!” (insert fist pump here)
- Word Camp Phoenix: turns out tickets weren’t sold out after all! Hurray!
Blessings to all for a wonderful week, and a very Happy Thanksgiving